Follow me as I go undercover to bring you information about my adventures in knitting and motherhood.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Finished Object Friday

Happy Friday!  I thought I'd take a few minutes this morning to show you one of my new favorite hat patterns, the Hermione Hat.  It's a beautiful pattern that features a cable and eyelet design and has my first attempt at both of these techniques.  I've made three versions now and I love each one a little more.  The hat is an easy but interesting knit that I highly recommend.  


Here are some photos of version one.












This one will be a Christmas gift for my sister-in-law and I made a smaller matching version for my Niece.  I also made a lovely gray one for myself that I completed while I was home in Indiana a few weeks ago.  My Grandma loved it so much that I'll be making version number four for her as a Christmas gift.  I just can't get enough of this hat, can you tell? 


I tried to start my version of a Darkside Hat yesterday but was so jet lagged that I was having trouble counting...never a good sign.  I started over this morning and am continuing to have the same problem.  I'm not sure at this point I can blame my issues on jet lag and it may be that I just can't count.  But in any event I'll keep chugging along and hopefully will have another finished object and some pattern notes to share with you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment