Follow me as I go undercover to bring you information about my adventures in knitting and motherhood.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Christmas is Coming!

Is it just me or does it seem like Christmas is approaching at a rapid pace?  I can't believe that it's the middle of October already.  We spend our Sunday today out at the pumpkin patch picking out our annual pumpkins.  We'll be carving them up next weekend so they are all ready for the trick-or-treaters.  Sammy is going as a skeleton this year.  I'm sure I'll be unable to resist posting pictures of that!

In preparation for the holidays, I've been working on making some stockings for my expanded family.  Last year I was a bit of a humbug at the holidays due to the newborn exhaustion that was still running rampant in our household.  But this year, we'll be doing it up right which includes stocking stuffing.

I found a great pattern for felted stockings by Annie's Woolens on Ravelry of course! I was a little intimidated as I've never even knit a regular sized sock before but it was surprisingly simple and now I'm looking forward to trying my hand at socks after the holidays.  I've got one out of three completed.  I think I'll be keeping this gold one for myself.  




I've got yarn for a navy and a red one as well.  Once I have all three completed I'll do a felt along and share my results.  If all goes well, I'll be decorating them with our names and some cute holiday goodies.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the end product.


I've also been working away on my first pattern which I'll be posting shortly.  More on that soon.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE felting. Definitely invest in some Eucalan Wool Wash. Be sure to check that your dark colors are color fast if you plan to felt all the stockings together. I like to use old pillow cases to contain my projects and throw in an old towel or two to balance the load.

    ReplyDelete