Follow me as I go undercover to bring you information about my adventures in knitting and motherhood.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Finished Object Saturday?

My big plan for my first finished object Friday did not go as planned.  I was home with my 13 month old son yesterday and the day just got away from me...plus there is a new tooth breaking through.  Need I say more?  

In any event, I'm finally getting around to posting some of my latest finished objects.  After procrastinating for a week, I finally put the fringe on the Fibonacci Scarf for my Mom last night and it is now officially completed.  I'm really pleased with the end result and the fringe ended up not being as complicated to put on as I thought it would be.  I saw the word crochet hook and immediately panicked.  Luckily, I found a great read along on Deep Fried Kudzu, complete with pictures that walked me right through the process.

Here's a picture of the finished result.



I'm also just about at the end of my Christmas knitting projects, so I thought I'd start sharing some of those finished objects as well.  

Here's a shot of a hat I made for my Dad.  



It's also in Colts Blue and White and I'm hoping it will be his game day hat.  I had a horrible time finding a pattern for exactly what I wanted and this is the closest I could get.  I'm still not 100% happy with the stripe placement so I may have to do some design work and come up with the perfect sport team hat for future use.  

Also, as promised, here's a better shot of my completed Bella Hat.


I LOVE this hat and am clearly going to have to make another one for myself in the near future.  

My plan for the rest of the weekend is to finish up one of my last Christmas gift items, a hat for my brother.  I attempted the Hat Fit for a Boyfriend this week and it ended up being way too short so I'm going to have to save it for Sammy to wear one day!  

I think I may have to go back to my boy hat favorite, the Regular Guy Beanie.  It's such a nice hat and a quick knit.  Here's a shot of the one I made for my husband.  Isn't he the best hat model???



Once that's completed I just have a surprise item to work on for my husband and another pair of French Press Slippers for my mother-in-law and then my must do knitting is done.  

That leaves me plenty of time before the holidays to tackle some new projects that I'm super excited about. I spent $92.00 at KnitPicks online yesterday, a new yarn record for me.  I received a notice last night that it's already been shipped and I can hardly wait to dive in once it arrives.  More about what's planned on that note soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment