Follow me as I go undercover to bring you information about my adventures in knitting and motherhood.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Special Delivery

On this motherhood journey, I often find myself inspired by other Moms.  Few more so then my friend Janelle, one of my sorority sisters from college.  Her own motherhood journey has been anything but easy and included the loss of her first child just a few days after his arrival.  A few weeks ago, she gave birth to little girl who they named Lexi.  Upon her early arrival, I desperately wanted everything to go well for my friend who has already faced more grief and worry than any mother should have to face in a lifetime, let alone a few short years.

So, I decided to embark on my own special kind of prayer.  I picked a cute little girl cardigan pattern and started kitting.  With every stitch I thought of this sweet baby and the life I want her and her family to have.  A life full of love and joy and fun.  One full of friendship and family and community.  And I knit and knit and knit until the end result was this...


and this...


and this very special delivery.




It looks like my special delivery should be arriving just in time for Lexi's homecoming!  I hope it finds her in good health and that she has a life full of friends like the one's I've been so lucky to have.  I know she'll be starting life with a huge advantage...one of the best Mom's I've ever seen in action!

The sweater is the Sunnyside Cardigan by Tanis of Tanis Fiber Arts, raveled here.  The booties are Emily Griffin's Garter Stitch Booties, raveled here.

No comments:

Post a Comment