Follow me as I go undercover to bring you information about my adventures in knitting and motherhood.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

All play and no work

The last few months we've been doing lots of this...


and this...



and this...


and this...


and way less blogging.  We've had a very busy couple of months that included tons of visits with family and trips to see the cherry bloosoms and the aquariumin Baltimore.  However, you can put your mind at ease because there has been lots of knitting, including my first pair of socks. 



These beauts are made from Neighborhood Fiber Company sock yarn in colorway Palisades.  I used a simple pattern from my Ann Budd sock book.  I'd be lying if I said I think that I will be trading in my old hat standby to become a sock knitter but I am pleased with the results.  In the future, I'll be trading in the six inches of ribbing for just an inch of so.  I think if I had done that with this pair, I would be a much happier camper! 


However, I do already have another pair of socks planned for my neice's upcoming birthday.  And speaking of birthdays...a certain little boy will be turning two next month and this pile of knitting might not look like much now...but soon enough it will be a birthday monkey!! 


More on that and my other summer projects soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment