Follow me as I go undercover to bring you information about my adventures in knitting and motherhood.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Shopping Trip....

Happy Hump Day everyone!  I hope you all had an exciting election day.  I'll admit I'm disappointed with the results but it did have an unexpected benefit.  Fibre Space, a great yarn shop in Alexandria, VA, offered a 10% discount yesterday if you came in wearing your I Voted sticker.  Since they carry Spud and Chloe, which I've been dying to try, I decided to throw Sam in the car yesterday afternoon and make the normally 45 minute trek to check out the store.  Honestly, I'm not sure it was the best decision I ever made only because traffic on 495 was a disaster and Sam was less than pleased about being in his car seat for over three hours total.  

I did manage to spend a few minutes browsing in the store before we had to head back out into traffic.  It's a beautiful store.  Very cozy and it made me wish I was sans-Sam so I could just sit down and knit.  They had a great selection of Spud and Chloe yarn as well.  I purchased some beautiful Sweater in Grass and Turtle.




And some Fine in Snorkel and Shitake.


Since I've completed the last of my Christmas stockings, I'll be using the Grass to knit this adorable frog for a friend at work who is expecting a baby in January.  If it turns out well I'll use the Turtle to make one for Sam.  I have to say though that I've fallen in love with the Turtle color and may have to steal it to make something for myself!  

I also found this fantastic stich marker at the checkout counter. 



Now at first look you might just think he's an adorable little red dog.  But wait...


He's hiding scissors!  I can't wait to use this tool!  If you want more information on where to find your own, leave a comment and I'll get you the information.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to get a pair of the dog scissors! I'm glad to know they're available here.

    ReplyDelete