Follow me as I go undercover to bring you information about my adventures in knitting and motherhood.

Friday, November 12, 2010

A Frog In Time-Out

Remember how when we last spoke, I was planning to knit up this adorable little frog for a friend of mine at work?  Well let's just say it did not go well.  The pattern requires you to start out knitting on double pointed needles, a first for me but not something I thought would be overly difficult.  Boy was I wrong!  I just can not get the hang of it for some reason.  My pal Ashley even spent some time on Sunday trying to tutor me but I found it so frustrating that I just threw the needles down in disgust and starting knitting what I do a best...a HAT!  

Here's a photo of the Noedel hat.  I knit it up using Spud and Chole Sweater in Grass.  I may get creative and make a pink flower for the brim as well.



Hopefully, I'll give the frog another try after he's spent a bit longer in time-out.  He earned it.

On my needles right now is the Cowl With a Little Twist.  I knit one up for myself last week and liked it so much that I'm making another one for my Mother-In-Law for Christmas.  



I also worked on a new hat design last week but I won't be able to share that with you until after the holidays since it's a present for my husband and I know you are reading baby!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment